This seems very embarrassing when someone comes around and sees your coffee maker blemished or discolored!
Coffee is essential for all of us to remain active and fresh while working. When brewing coffee in a coffee maker, the remaining beans and hard water build-up inside the machine. It needs to be gutted to eradicate deposits and keep your machine clean.
It is necessary to sterilize your machine to stay for long. When you do not clean your coffee maker, the tubes of the maker get jammed. Then there will be no way except to replace your machine.
If you are not cleaning your coffee maker, it will be bad for your health. According to the research, your machine should be cleaned once a month. You can use bleach, vinegar, or baking soda to sanitize it.
According to the NSF study, it is discovered that yeast and mold growth is around half of the machines. That will be very dangerous to make coffee in these makers.
Are you thinking about how to clean a coffee maker with bleach? Just go through this article!
How to clean a coffee maker with baking soda?
There are a lot of cleaning products available to clean your machine. But if you are not buying those products, there is an alternative and smart way to clean them properly. You can simply use baking soda for its cleanliness.
The baking soda will help you to clean the internal parts of the machine. It will not destroy the parts of the maker as the toxic chemicals do. Although baking soda is a dangerous chemical it is safe for the coffee maker to clean.
This is the bonus point of the baking soda that it will not corrode the surface cleaning inside of the coffee maker.
How to clean a coffee maker with vinegar?
The missing particles or beans and hard water form a thick layer on the ground of the machine. If you use a washing product and apply too much force on cleaning it, your machine can be damaged. The simple solution to this problem is to use vinegar for cleaning purposes.
You have to follow the simple steps given below which inform you that how to clean a coffee machine step by step:
Step 1: First of all, take the same amount of water and vinegar. Then mix them. You need the quantity of the mixture to fill the maker half and three-quarters.
Step 2: In the second step, you have to boil the mixture of water and vinegar. This will help you to clean your maker thoroughly. If the stains are sworn, simply add more vinegar to it.
Step 3: When the maker is boiled completely, just switch it off and unplug it. Then leave it for 20 minutes and let the solution sit on the surface after getting empty the coffee maker.
Step 4: In this step, you will see that if there is more scaling in the machine then wipe from inside. For this purpose, you need a soft cloth. You must take care of the heating element.
Step 5: Once you have thoroughly done the cleaning, you have to rinse the machine to eliminate the smell of the vinegar. Then dry the inner side of the machine with a cloth.
Step 6: When the machine gets dried, add some water to it and boil again. Then discard the water to eliminate the remaining taste. You have to repeat this method until the machine eliminates the taste of it.
How to clean Keurig with bleach?
It is the cheapest method to clean Keurig with bleach as it does not need too much money. This method is one of the most affordable and effective methods.
Cleaning your coffee maker is necessary because the bacteria and germs remain in the kettle even at a very high temperature. These particles will make a bitter taste of your coffee.
Follow the given process step by step to wash the machine with bleach.
- In the first step, you have to take one cup of bleach and 3 to 4 cups of water. Then mix both of the items.
- After that, you have to take a filter paper and put it in the machine.
- Then pour the mixture of bleach and water inside the machine and pour some extra water in it.
- Now turn on the machine and then unplug it after 8 to 10 minutes. After this procedure, wash the machine with cold water several times. Continue the washing process until all the bleach is left.
The method of cleaning a machine by using bleach cannot be beaten. But you have to follow some precautions while using bleach.
- Do not use the high quantity of bleach.
- Do not apply it directly without water in the machine.
- Keep it out of the children’s reach.
How to clean a coffee maker using lemon?
If you have no vinegar available at your home, you can use lemon to clean your coffee machine. This method has a plus point on vinegar that will give you a beautiful fragrance in your pot.
You only have to follow a few simple steps:
Make a mixture of lemon and water
In the first step, you have to squash the juice of a lemon in water. Then cut that lemon into the pieces and mix in the water.
Boiling of the mixture
After making the mixture of lemon and water, boil it in the machine. When boiled, switch it off and unplug it. Then allow the mixture to sit in the pot for one hour. When you boil the mixture, it will allow the stain to come on outward.
Clean the machine
After that, you have to pour out the material and clean the machine. Then rinse the pot again and again until the taste of lemon is gone. Then use a dry and soft cloth to clean the pot from inside.
Tips for vacuuming a machine
The following are some effective tips about how to clean your coffee machine efficiently. So, let’s discover the points!
- When you notice the stain or limescale in the taste of coffee then you must need to clean it. While cleaning the inner side of the machine, it is important to wash the outer side of it once or twice a week.
- To prevent the stain in the stainless-steel models, you must polish your machine from outside. For polishing, you have to use olive oil and a soft clean cloth.
- Most of the people add some extra water in the pot for the next time to brew coffee. This causes the limescale occurrence in the pot. Do not overfill your kettle. Only add the water that is necessary for one time.
- Many machines are designed with the feature of removable filters. These filters catch the limescale as you pour your drink. The filters provide you a drink without limescale flakes.
I have covered some points and methods about how to clean a coffee maker with bleach. We all should know about the importance of cleaning the machines so that it is clear to all of us that the coffee maker must be cleaned at least once a month.
Whether you choose vinegar, lemon, baking soda, or bleach for cleaning your machine, it is an easy and quick way. When you follow the above methods, you will say goodbye to stains in a very short time. The steps and the methods of cleaning I have described in this article will surely help. If you got the solution to your problem, then let me know about your valuable remarks.